Question & Reframe
“Ways of...” Statements
Don’t jump to a solution when presented with a problem. Improve your team’s ability to explore many varied ideas by writing “Ways of…” statements.
- After spending time with users and the problem context, you will have identified both challenges and opportunity areas.
- For each challenge, write a “Ways of…” statement. “We need ways of reducing wait times for urgent cases.”
- Sort the “Ways of…” statements into groups that might share similar types of solutions.
- A group of similar “Ways of…” statements might suggest an overall approach to a solution.
- Reflect and discuss which “Ways of…” groupings seem the most promising.
- Seed your brainstorm sessions with these “Ways of…” statements to generate many possible ideas.