Imagine & Model
Storyboards are a great way to show existing or future customer experiences. They put problems and solutions in context and make them easier to communicate and assess.
- Select an aspect of a customer experience you’d like to storyboard. Often this is informed by observation or an ethnographic interview.
- Use sticky notes to brainstorm key steps of the customer experience. Draw a simple picture that captures key steps. Stick figures work great!
- Organize the steps into three parts: setting the stage, exposing a problem, and showing its outcome.
- If you have too many, reduce the number of steps to get at the essence of the experience.
- Draft a script taking the viewer through the storyboard. Refine it until it’s clear and concise.
- Share the storyboard with others to get feedback. Use it to brainstorm ideas or evaluate a proposed solution.