Imagine & Model
Service prototypes make the touchpoints of a new service offering tangible and allow you to test it with customers and other stakeholders.
- Services are not intangible! We all interact with the touchpoints of a service: a website, a phone tree, a mobile app, a brochure, a place, etc.
- To prototype a service, identify the ways users would discover, understand, and engage with it.
- Make these different touchpoints using your paper prototyping skills. Web and app interfaces can easily be sketched.
- If your service involves a place, arrange a room with tables, chairs, and paper signs to model that environment.
- Demonstrate the service to colleagues, or better yet, have an outsider try to use an aspect of the service with your prototype.
- Refine the prototype based on user feedback and try different versions to see how people react.