Pitch & Commit
To build awareness for an initiative and find potential supporters, create a verbal summary you can share in under a minute. This conveys the essence of your idea.
- The best pitches are simple, clear and compelling. You’ll need to brainstorm, edit, and refine to get there!
- Craft an opening statement. What is the one thing your audience should remember about your initiative?
- Provide context. What’s the problem or situation you’re addressing? Why isn’t that acceptable?
- Describe the core solution. Share what’s unique and valuable about what you’re doing.
- Describe your ultimate goal. What will be made possible if you’re successful?
- If you’re asking for something, state it simply and specifically.
- If your audience isn’t able to help, ask them for a reference to someone they feel would be more appropriate.