Dimension & Diagram
Analyze Qualitative Data
Qualitative data tells you what people experience and why. For rigorous anlaysis, organize and review your data as your collect it and look for key topics and patterns.
- Make your qualitative data tangible with sticky notes, pictures, videos, and diagrams.
- Get the data up on the walls - visible and able to be moved around and grouped.
- Review data immediately after gathering and then several times over the next couple of weeks.
- Map your data on top of end user journey maps.
- Create and update a "top ten" list of key issues, topics or stories you recognize in the data.
- Create topic categories to organize evidence from your research.
- Create a narrative for reach category to portray what happens, what works, what doesn't and directions for ideation.