Question & Reframe
A great way to break conventional thinking is to look at others who’ve already broken convention. Study how game-changers outside your industry have done it.
- Look for people, products or services that are new, unique, or extreme in their approach.
- Reflect and identify unique atrributes of what they do and any conventions they break.
- Identify some of the obstacles they face and how they overcame them.
- Ask how their specific model or characteristics of what they do might be helpful to your own team’s thinking.
- Use a Collaborative Cycle to have small teams research and discuss the analogy and how it might apply.
- Use analogies in Pitches to help others see the possibility of defying convention.