Imagine & Model
Capture ideas with a quick sketch and a provocative title. A concept sheet gets ideas out of your head and into a form that’s easy to sort, share, and document.
- Always have concept sheets around your project. Made from a half sheet of letter-sized paper, it should include a place for a title, sketch, name, and date.
- During a brainstorm, get a stack of concept sheets and assemble a team of 5 to 7 people.
- Create a focus for your brainstorm. “Ways of…” statements are great for this. They require ideas in response!
- Get everyone going. Ask that all ideas be produced on a concept sheet.
- Participants should “fill out” a concept sheet and then hold it up to share with others.
- Pin the concept sheet up on the wall after sharing.
- After the brainstorm, review the concepts and group them according to similarity, difficulty, high value, etc.